Valentine’s Day might have ended, but Capcom are still ready to share the love, it would seem. A fresh batch of Resident Evil 6 screensies have clambered their way out of the mega-publisher’s B.O.W.-infested HQ, and they’re certain to get fans’ pulses racing and zombie’s teeth gnashing. Before we have a gander at the piccies, though, let’s cover some of the facts that gamers are dying to have clarified. Capcom themselves felt it necessary to include something of a fact sheet with today’s press release, as a means of putting to bed some of the false rumours that have been circulating as of late. Here’s what they were able to reveal:
- Resident Evil 6 takes place the fictional Chinese city of Lanshiang.
- The game will be set in the year 2013.
- Fan favourites Chris Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy will return, as will Ingrid Hunnigan, a female agent of which gamers might recall assisting Leon during the events of Resident Evil 4.
- Zombies are back and they are fast.
- The Tyrant-like J’avo (Serbian for “demon”) will provide more of a challenge for Resi veterans, thanks to its relatively high level of intelligence.
- Players will be able to move and shoot at the same time, as well as perform lifesaving melee attacks and dodge manoeuvres.
And here be those mouth-watering screenshots that you’ll have been wanting a gawk at:
Resident Evil 6 is due out on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in late 2012, the PC version is still yet to receive an official release date.